MusicPlaylist

Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Wonder from Down Under


I was exhausted but I couldn’t sleep. I thought that I would go check my email but something drew me to the hype machine at 3am where I was presented with a glimpse into the future of electro. Ed Banger and the guys from France were doing great things, there has also been scenes exploding in London, New York, Detroit, San Francisco, Toronto and Paris, but new contenders from down under are showing the relics of 2007 where electro can go. Australia has been churning out some incredible dj’s and amazing beats but I believe the new guy on the block is gonna cause a stir. His name is Redial and he’s from Sydney. His electro beats have some serious Shaolin style. His music can be described as an onslaught to the senses. When I hear his music I think of raving at Base Camp on Everest, racing Ducatis’ in Prague or the image of Barbaric Germanic tribes sweeping over the Roman Empire causing mayhem and destruction. Redial is one hell of a producer and in the new age of online music and international party scenes and dj’s, I am sure the Redial will become a regular on the circuit. I look forward to what ever is coming next from ‘The Wonder from Down Under’(I coined this). Also for some reason the song ‘1985’ feat. Smackdown has some incredible Van Halen-esque synth sounds. Let me know what you think. Enjoy

Redial - 1985 (ft. Smackdown) right click to download



1 comment:

Nat said...

I hear elements of the 70's, 80's and 90's in this track culminating in the new sound of the 00's. I love it. I bet you he'll play at Circa during the film festival. Can't wait!

Gonzales